Monday, September 1, 2008

Student Values

By C. Radhakrishnan
The 27 student values are as follows, collected into three categories:

Peers
I feel safe at school
School is a happy and friendly place
Students are helpful and co-operative with each other
Students respect each other
There are lots of different types of people in the school
Teachers
I feel involved in making choices and decisions about my school activities.
Teachers are fair when they deal with me
Teachers are friendly, approachable and willing to listen
Teachers are knowledgeable in their subject
Teachers are organised and well prepared
Teachers are positive, enthusiastic and have a sense of humour
Teachers control their anger and remain calm at all times
Teachers encourage and help me to succeed
Teachers maintain discipline
Teachers make the work interesting and fun
Teachers provide me with honest and useful feedback
Teachers respect me
Teachers understand and relate to young people
Systems
Sufficient classroom and other materials are available
The curriculum is wide enough to meet most of my needs
The school encourages high standards
The school has a suitably enforced uniform policy
The school has good teaching and recreational facilities
The school has suitable computing facilities and good technology
The school is a comfortable place to be with sufficient heating, cooling and ventilation
The school is clean and tidy
The school provides me the opportunity to develop life skills